Online Fashion CADs Course
It does not matter if you know Adobe Illustrator or not. We have trained dozens of students in the past with positive feedback. Our commitment with you is that we will deliver the Skills and Knowledge to the best of our abilities.
If you do not know the basics of Adobe Illustrator CS6, you will be taught basics of the course which is needed at a beginner level. Similarly if you know Adobe Illustrator very well, in this case we will design your classes for an Advance Level user to teach you the high level of industry requirements.
This may also include ‘How to Create a Line Sheets, How to measure a garment, Creating Spec Sheets or How to illustrate Garment Techpacks. This way your course will be focused more on the technical details instead of basics, but will also include Fashion Flats, Vector Brushes, Creating and Applying Patterns and more.
Below is the list of modules I will be covering during this course of 4 weeks. This is just for reference, but not limited to. As explained above, if you already know a few modules, we will skip those areas and will take you directly to the advance features.
Module 1: Getting to know the Adobe Illustrator Workspace
- Choosing a workspace
- Opening a file
- The document window
- Using Art boards
- The Tools panel
- Using tools and panels
- Custom workspaces
Module 2: Adobe Illustrator Essentials for Apparel Design
- Using the shape tools
- Constraining a shape
- Selecting artwork
- Using shape and transform tools to create artwork
- Using layers when building an illustration
- Cutting and pasting objects
- Repeating a resize transform
Module 3: Adobe Illustrator Basic Drawing Tools - Apparel Design
- Working with the Pen tool
- Tracing images
- Adjusting the variable width of a stroke
- Getting rid of stray points
- Adding Dashed strokes
- Additional Stroke options
- Editing existing paths
- Reflecting and combining a shape
- More practice with combining shapes using the Shape Builder tool
- Using brushes in fashion illustration
- Create new brush libraries
Module 4: Add Colors to Your Drawings – Using Pantone Swatches!
- Basics of the Appearance panel
- Creating a colorful illustration
- Saving swatches
- Using the Color panel
- Adding and Applying Pantone Digital Libraries
Module 5: Working with Layers – Organize Your Work!
- Getting to know the Layers panel
- Using layers to organize your illustrations
- Using the Layers panel to make selections
- Creating new layers
- Moving items between layers
Module 6: Creating Patterns - Adding more interest!
- Exploring the Pattern Options panel
- Creating a pattern
- Applying a pattern
- Editing a pattern swatch
- Editing a pattern in an object
Module 7: Creating Detailed Fashion CADs - High-level Industry Demand!
- Creating Front, Back and Side Views
- Adding folds and movement lines
- Creating and Adding Trims
- Coloring and Stylizing your CADs
- Labeling Design Details
- Presentation Layouts or Line Sheets
Module 8: Spec Sheets & Garment Techpacks - Pro Training!
*This module will not be offered for students who are just starting as a beginner, but can be arranged as a second course.
- Understanding about the Techpacks.
- Taking measurements of a garment
- Adding measurements on a Fashion Flat
- Creating Spec Sheet
- Creating and adding Trims/labels Placements.
In a Nutshell:
By the end of this course you will be able to create Industry Professional Fashion CADs we are industry literate and suppliers or business owners can understand them very well. If you are an advance user already we will design your course mostly around the Modules 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Like I said it above, before the starting of the course, we will conduct an introductory class in which we will get to know Your Need and Requirements and will discuss for class days and timings.